UNIVERSITY OF PIRAEUS
The University of Piraeus was founded as a “School of Industrial Studies” in 1938 by the Association of Industrialists and Craftsmen, in accordance with the Law N.5197/1931 and the A.N. 28/1936, in association with the Federation of Public Limited Companies Greece intending to provide economic, legal and technical education to industrial executives. In 1945 it was renamed to “Higher School of Industrial Studies” and its purpose was that of the systematic theoretical and practical training of administrators. In June 1989, law 377/89 prescribed the renaming of the School to “University of Piraeus”.